UPDATE 8th of July 2010 : 0.8.8.7 is out – read more here.
Finally after a couple of months of hard work and polishing the code, API and performance, version 0.8.8.6 ofBalderis out. A SampleBrowser can be found here for viewing most of the features ofBalder.
The features that has changed or is new are as follows:
* Introduced Silverlight in Core, but still maintaining platform independence
– Using core objects directly in Xaml can now be done
* Removed all controls in Balder.Core.Silverlight.Controls – not needed anymore
* Introduced View namespace with IView interface and Camera implementing it
* Viewport has View property insted of Camera
* Moved rendering from a multithread environment to run synchronously on the CompositionTarget. It gives better performance, due to synchronization issues between all threads. Will be revisited in the future.
* New drawing routines, optimized
* Heightmap primitive
* Box primitive
* Rotation, Scale on nodes
* Cylinder primitive
* DebugLevel is known as DebugInfo
* Material system in place
* Support for ReflectionMapping on materials
* Double sided materials
* Sprite rendering with alpha channel
* NodesControl – datadriven nodes control with templating – In Balder.Silverlight.Controls
* NodesStack – datadriven stacking of nodes with templating – in Balder.Silverlight.Controls